Japanese Movie Night – Sunday, March 17th @ 5:00 pm
- Featured Movie: “Yojimbo”
- Flyers in Ministry Cart for more information
- Japanese Audio/English Subtitles
- For more info see Roger Butcher or Danny Hirata, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lenten Spiritual Disciplines Class- every Wednesday from 3/13-4/17 @ 6:30 pm
- Join us during the season of lent for a meal and bible study focused on Spiritual Disciplines
- Next Meeting March 20th(Replacing PBS Until April 17th)
- For more details, see flyer or please contact Rev. Allison or Minister Eric
SAVE THE DATE!!!
- Matsuri tickets available for pick up 3/17!–May 18, 2019 @ 10am
- All paid tickets w/ stubs that meet the April 14 early bird deadline
For your convenience, Matsuri tickets will be available between services starting in March
Hula Ministry-1st& 3rdSaturday of the month.
- Second meeting-March 23rd @ 9 am
- Dancing hula is a great workout and is a great way to socialize with others who are interested in Hula culture
- For more information, please contact Mark Chun
NANKA YAMAGUCHI KENJINKAI-Saturday, March 23rd @ 10 am
- FIND YOUR ROOTS WORKSHOP with Chester Hashizume
- You are invited to participate in a workshop full of information about your ancestors
- Cost: $25, includes Obento lunch, snacks and drinks, please RSVP by March 16th
- For more information contact Florence Ochi
He-Brews – Wednesday, March 27th @ 7pm
- Calling all men! Join He Brews at the Strand Brewing Co for fellowship
- Snacks are provided
- Contact Brian Fujimori, Neal Miyake, Darrell Mark or email@example.com for more details
Master’s Kitchen – Compassionate Hearts ’s & Willing Hands
- Master’s Kitchen, March 30th@ 11 am
- Monetary donations are welcome
- See Jan Tanabe or Barbara Takumi if you have any questions
Hawaiian Lei Hula Po’epo’e Class -Saturday, March 30 @ 9am
- Taught by Mark Kaleo Mapuna’olelo’alohi Chun
- Advanced reservations are required, space is limited to 25
- Register by March 23rd, Cost is $65 per person
- For more information/registration email @ DrMarkIsIn@gmail.com
Creation Care Day-Sunday, March 31st@ 12:30
- Understanding Creation Care from a biblical standpoint: sermon at 8:30 and 10:30 by Minister Eric Iki
- Creation Care workshop at 12:30 following service to learn about how our church and you can be a part of the movement. Led by Awaken member Will Morris.
- Potluck lunch- Last names beginning with A-M please bring a side dish. N-Z please bring a salad or dessert
- Questions can be directed to Minister Eric Iki
MATSURI SILENT AUCTION
We are now collecting Silent Auction items for this year’s Matsuri and welcome your donations.
Businesses are also welcome to donate. All donations are tax-deductible, and an
acknowledgment letter will be provided, if desired.
Please turn in your SA donations as early as possible, the sooner the better, as last year we
had over 300 items to prepare! Examples include:
- New/Near New Gift Items
- Antique Japanese Dishes/Dolls/Asian Items
- One-of-a-Kind Crafts
- Services (Massage, Haircut, Tea, etc)
- Gift Baskets (very popular!)
- Fine Artwork
- Entertainment Tickets (Theatre, Sports, etc)
- Small Appliances & Electronics
- Fine Jewelry/Crystal Items/Sunglasses
- Gift Cards
- New Toys & Games/Children’s Items
Donations may be left in the SA Cart in the Narthex or leave with the Church Office.
Please turn in your items by April 30 and attach a SA Donation Form if you need a
SA acknowledgment letter.
Questions, please contact Ellen Jee at firstname.lastname@example.org or the church office.
We gratefully appreciate your SA donations – thank you so much!